Have you or a loved one obtained injured on a building site? NEW YORK CITY CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT LAWYER Call the NYC building and construction mishap lawyers at Mirman, Markovits & Landau, P.C. at (212) 227-4000 for a complimentary examination.
Given that 1977, our attorneys have actually been dedicated to aiding hurt construction site accident victims in New York. We understand exactly how disastrous and costly a construction site injury can be. That’s why we’ll exceed as well as past to secure significant compensation on your behalf. The money you get can assist to cover clinical expenses, shed wages, and also impairment.
Do not wait to call our New York City legislation office to review your situation today. We’re constantly offered to take your call, 1 day a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
You Deserve an Experienced NYC Construction Accident Attorney
- Construction employees have the most harmful work in New York City. In spite of difficult New York labor legislations that require employers to provide risk-free working conditions, mishaps happen a whole lot. Each year, dozens of building and construction workers are eliminated on job sites throughout the city. Thousands much more experience debilitating and agonizing injuries.
- Regrettably, companies often reduced edges to save cash. Those shortcuts ultimately put building and construction employees like you in injury’s means.
When you get hurt on a building and construction website, combating for payment will certainly be one of the most vital points you do. Insurance business, building site owners, and any irresponsible 3rd events will battle you every action of the way.
- You are worthy of to deal with a New York City personal injury law practice that has extensive experience handling these difficult instances. At Mirman, Markovits & Landau, P.C., all we do is injury legislation. Our attorneys have been dealing with in support of injured building workers across the city for greater than four years.
- We understand New York labor and also construction legislations throughout. We’re thoroughly knowledgeable about the employees’ payment system and what it takes to protect the advantages you are worthy of. We understand how to approach your case and also offer you the most effective shot at getting the cash you are entitled to.
Our aggressive strategy has actually aided us safe and secure millions of bucks in judgments and settlements for our damaged clients.
Our document of success speaks for itself:
$ 6.57 Million Verdict in behalf of a Bronx building and construction employee who got hurt on a job site because of his employer’s negligence.
- Because of harmful work website problems,$ 2.25 Million Verdict acquired on behalf of a Bronx construction worker that obtained hurt.
- $ 2 Million Verdict safeguarded for the family members of a construction worker who diminished of a ladder and passed away on a hazardous Brooklyn construction site.
- You can profit from our virtually 100 years of combined experience when you transform to us for assistance after a building site crash. There’s no risk in asking us for assistance, so call our NYC construction accident lawyers to discuss your situation today.
We Handle All NYC Construction Accident Injury Cases
Our NYC building mishap attorneys are prepared to aid you require settlement after you get harmed on duty. We handle all construction mishap cases, consisting of:
- Structure collapse
- Compressor crashes
- Crane mishaps
- Cutting mishaps
- Defective or hazardous devices mishaps
- Dumpster mishaps
- Electrical crashes
- Elevator crashes
- Falling items
- Forklift accidents
- Gas explosions
- Ladder mishaps
- Logging accidents
- Toenail gun accidents
- Punch press malfunctions
- Scaffolding mishaps
- Framework failing
- Welding accidents
- Wrongful death, and much more.
We’re below to aid if you’ve been harmed on a New York construction website. We represent injured building and construction employees in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Long Island, Manhattan, Staten Island, Queens, and also Westchester.
Give us a quick call to discuss your construction injury case today.
That’s Liable For My Injuries After a NYC Construction Accident?
It’s tough to walk through the city and not see something under construction. Building and construction sites are so common– therefore many individuals operate in the building sector– that the state has actually passed numerous labor regulations to make the profession as safe as possible. These regulations frequently determine that may be liable for your injuries after a crash on a city building site.
General Contractors and also Construction Site Owners
When a property owner determines to build or transform a structure in the city, they have to ensure that construction staff members have a safe place to work. Owners and also basic service providers are lawfully obliged under Section 200 of the New York Labor Law to “supply affordable and appropriate protection to the lives, health and wellness of all individuals used therein or legally often visiting such areas.”
In other words, property owners as well as general service providers need to take steps to make sure that building websites are risk-free. Those must be attended to if are any prospective risks might hurt an employee. Workers need to have the essential safety and security devices to do their job.
Site employees should also be educated to do the work securely. It’s up to the basic specialist and also whoever possesses the residential or commercial property incomplete to ensure that the site is in a reasonably secure problem.
Section 240 of New York’s Labor Law is frequently referred to as the “Scaffolding Law.” It lays out how scaffolding as well as other dangeorus building website tools should be erected, secured, and also fastened on a site. It likewise provides damaged employees the right to hold homeowner and/or general specialists purely liable if they obtain injured by or on:
- Wall mounts
- Ropes, or various other devices.
This section applies if you functioned to set up, destroy, repair, change, paint, or clean a structure or structure.
Strict obligation implies that you do not need to verify the owner or professional was negligent at all.
Construction sites have a great deal of various moving parts. When a general professional wins a proposal, they entrust some of the work to subcontractors. Subcontractors are just as responsible for offering a secure work environment as general professionals. If you get injured and also a subcontractor is to blame, you could be able to hold them answerable for your injuries.
Architects as well as designers
- Employees that endure injuries on a New York construction site may also be able to hold site designers or architects liable. In New York City, designers and also engineers have to make certain that sites are evaluated frequently.
Did you obtain hurt because of a building collapse or structural problem? Was a malfunctioning style or inadequate inspection at fault? The designer or engineer might be on the hook for your injuries if so.
Building and construction sites are full of tons of different items of machinery and also devices. Even the most skilled laborer can obtain injured when those machines are defective. You may be able to hold the firm that produced or offered it strictly liable when you obtain harmed on the job since of a defective item of devices.
Can I Sue My Employer After I Get Hurt on a New York Construction Site?
All construction workers can seek employees’ settlement benefits after a crash. You might still schedule the right to take legal action against someone else if you obtained hurt because of dangerous working problems or harmful devices.
Since 1977, our lawyers have actually been committed to aiding damaged building and construction website accident sufferers in New York. Construction sites are so common– and so many individuals work in the building and construction industry– that the state has actually passed a number of labor laws to make the occupation as risk-free as feasible. These laws frequently determine who might be accountable for your injuries after an accident on a city building and construction website.
It lays out how scaffolding and also other dangeorus building website devices need to be erected, protected, and attached on a website. Employees that suffer injuries on a New York construction site may likewise be able to hold website designers or engineers liable.